View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2009, 02:56 (Ref:2601712)   #5
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Personally I think the whole world has gone insane. The irl with an idea to run turbocharged wingless formula fords...
You don't think making the cars more challenging to the driver would improve the sport? I assume you know that CART used to run slightly negative rear wing angles at Indy, to match the direction of air flow and minimize drag. In other words, it was entirely underbody downforce. I think a wingless formula, if they do it, will be the best decision they've ever made. Bringing back the turbo four-banger formula which worked very well forty years ago would also be a great move. It's a standard item in most manufacturer's lines, and if the World Engine gets any traction, there will be a source for them which may be in common with other series, improving the cost structure.

There isn't much in the IRL I find appealing, but I if they do this, they will probably get me back.