Thread: Team US F1
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2009, 01:30 (Ref:2602192)   #62
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose they invite ridicule due to their apparent inability to get themselves organized in time despite the intimate knowledge of the workings of F1 of the people behind this project.
Peter Windsor is not a fresh faced youngster and would in the past been very critical as a journalist of a team that was still sorting out composite suppliers this close to the get go.
Not having drivers is also an indication that they are not really expecting to be ready in time.
I'm sure everyone on this forum loves an underdog and realises that starting an F1 team from scratch with no carry over technology or equipment from another F1 team (or even another team in a junior formula) is a massive task that would be beyond all of us.
However, if you say you are going to do all this and do it out of Charlotte , North Carolina then you have to come up with the goods or you look like a naive fool. This team seems determined to do things the hard way. I would have headed to Tulsa, Oklahoma if I was building a sprintcar for the Knoxville Nationals but I never would have headed in that direction for an F1 composite supplier. Good luck to them if it comes off !