View Single Post
Old 10 Jan 2010, 17:37 (Ref:2611089)   #61
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I thought Asquith were in Beds or Herts, near to the late Gerry Marshall, who was the other business partner beforehand.

Curnow was and i'm sure Longman still is based in the Christchurch area of Dorset if that's any help.

Mark Hales was from Bedfordshire I think?

Couple of other things. Now that rumoured Tom's GB Supra.....

Didn't John Wickham enter one in a couple of Spa 24's in 88/89 or 90 with Dowsett in the roster? Begs the question if they had this car all along and whether they did a few enduro's after the BTCC plans came to nought?

Vic Lee replaced Hodgetts in the MIL team from May/June time for a while.

Dennis Leech went sideways into a marshalls post prior to the chicane in that Thruxton round necessitating a reshell. I think this was the only time his car was reshelled from a shunt. The thinking in the Rover thread is that he replaced his original Martin Thomas built car with a TWR chassis (a rebuilt Bastos car pranged at Zolder in late '85?) with numerous late model upgrades ready for the 1987 season? Can't recall if this was totally verified?

This was the car used again in 1988, I'm not sure if he ran again in '88 after that shunt???

Last edited by chunterer; 10 Jan 2010 at 19:00.