Old 25 Feb 2010, 06:03 (Ref:2640145)   #870
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post

I understand, from a reliable source, that most of the 'sponsorship' of at least one Bathurst 12-Hour outright contender comprised contra deals and favours for the car owner's business suppliers. Hardly a dollar changed hands.
So what, most of us on here could name numerous cars from every series running in this country (and O/S) that are funded in that way.
Most of my racing is done that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
It wasn't until the 1990 Production Touring Car formula, which was designed around 6-cylinder Commodores and Falcons, that real 'Series Production' touring car racing reappeared. It had the right ingredients but never took off because the promotion was left to CAMS, which like any government wouldn't know a good marketing concept if it jumped up and bit it on the bum.
That formula turned into a farce as well with the allowing of "homologation" specials. Holden were running a VP V6 SS commodore and Ford had an EB XR6 S that they were using. There only had to be 6 produced to be allowed into the series.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either