View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2642673)   #895
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1 Prospects View Post
In my opinion USF1 should be granted an extension for a number of reasons.

(1) They are actually involved in a number of projects to develop American drivers in a number of junior series which can only be good for North American driver development as an F1 goal would be more attainable.

(2) The best way to get a US Grand Prix back (something that everybody wants) is to have a legitimate American team in the series.

(3) Yes Anderson and Windsor completely underestimated what it takes to get a team going but I truly believe they are born racers who want to compete and once things get properly sorted they will be in it for the long haul. They are not rich wanna-be racers with dubious backing just wanting to share in the glamour and glitz of F1.

FIA should work with them to get things sorted out and learn from this with regular audits of new teams to ensure this doesn't happen again.
1) Other than designing a chassis for F2000, they haven't done squat.

2)You must have a different understanding of the word legitimate than I do. Penske is legitimate. The Racers Group is legitimate. Hendrick Motorsports is legitmate. USF1 is a completely unestablished team, a bunch of good engineers, led by an ego maniac with as much competance as he has hair on the top of his head.