Thread: Driver Vettel vs Webber: Round 2
View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2652520)   #13
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well I know his lack of quali pace last year was put down by some to his leg, because he didn't have the sensitivity there. But that should be sorted now and yet Seb did seem to have the edge on him all weekend, regardless of his mistake, so I guess that isn't it

I think maybe it's pressure, and making mistakes. Before now, as you say, his team mates weren't the quickest over one lap, and with less pressure, he was able to let his driving flow. But now he has SebVet alongside him who is phenomenally fast and he's got a car he knows he could get poles and wins with, so maybe he's feeling more pressure to try and beat him and his other rivals which is leading him to make mistakes at key moments. Or maybe he has lost something with his accident. Pass. Only the man himself can answer that one, if anyone can

If he had his quali pace of before last year and his race pace and racecraft of last year, he'd be one of, if not the best driver on the grid. He's one of the best drivers on the grid anyway but he'd be a top tier driver if he can nail quali like he used to. Maybe he will at tracks he has form at. I hope he can do it in 2 weeks. I think we'd get armageddon but it would be a fun armageddon