View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2664305)   #539
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bjohnson, that's what I see as the #1 priority in terms of increasing market share. That requires concentration of promotion for individual events, and it has not been addressed at all in the past by the Series. It has always been left to the individual promoters. TV shots of empty grandstands hurts a lot more than giving the seats away for free.

IICS devotes a lot of effort to their on-line programs, which still don't work very well. Who does this feature attract? Not new fans, just the small group of hardcore devotees.

So here's an example of how to do it differently. I never used a computer until I got a free AOL CD rom in the mail. Now I use it a bit too much!

I'd have IMS productions make up 50,000 promotional DVD's with racing highlights and a ticket offer for the next race, and distribute them to registered drivers in the area of the event. There's even a way to use that format to drive website traffic, and monitor the effectiveness of the program. Fund it with the money being spent on labor and equipment to provide the present online services which don't work or attract new consumers.