Thread: Forum Etiquette
View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2002, 11:50 (Ref:269279)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Re: Forum Etiquette

Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
I agree with Eero to a certain extent. However it must be said that there are certain members in the F1 forum who make no effort at all to be pleasant or agreable with other members. After a while I just have a tendency to get fed up with the same old drivel being posted over and over again by certain members. I agree that the forum has gone downhill recently and that we should all make an effort to clean up and make this place more enoyable for everyone. But there are still people who make this an extremely difficult concept to adhere to. If they make no effort to show us respect, then why should we show them respect in return.
Your right Raoul, it is all of our responsibility to clean this up. As for the second part of your post, we can't control what others are doing but we can control what we say ourselves. If everyone did this we would'nt have a problem.

To all the good members we have (and lets face it - thats 98%) ignore the posts that are flame bait. If you see a post that is inappropriate, or a fellow member doing the wrong thing, use the warn button or send a Private message to the moderator of that forum. Ultimately, they will be weeded out.

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
I often use the analogy about Ten Tenths that it is a giant cocktail party, hosted by Craig. He has graciously opened his doors for us to mingle in HIS house and it is up to all of us to behave. Some of us are old friends, and others are gregarious newcomers who quickly make themselves at home. Others are quieter, but seek out serious conversaton at the periphery, enjoying the spirited swirl at the center, but wishing to converse with a depth not appropriate to the general Forum. But recalling that we are all guests here, we must strive to behave in Craig's home, as we would wish strangers to behave in our own homes.
Thanks EERO. This was put to me very early in my time at ten-tenths. And quiet frankly, Craig tolerates alot more in his home than I would in mine. Its' easy to mouth off from the other side of a computer screen, and very easy to disrespect someone that has no face or name.

When replying to a post, how would you reply of they were a friend of yours, and right in front of you. I'm sure it would be very different. If not, it's no wonder some of these people are sitting on a computer instead of interacting with real friends.

I have no doubt most of us love this place, so if we want the door to stay open, lets try a little harder.

Regards,

Wrex