View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2802377)   #1
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HRT - The Discussion Thread.

Well, I dont think anyone was 100% sure they would survive for too long in a world (F1) that revolves around money, given their well document financial problems through the year, not to mention their policy of $$$ behind a driver being more important than any talent.

Certainly the writing was on the wall once their alleged / proposed association with Toyota was canned for non payment of money owed. Given the word that Dallara had pulled out for the same reason and that Cosworth had not been paid in full it was looking a bit of a doomed hope rather than a team looking to build on a difficult first year.

Quote:
The struggling HRT team is up for sale despite the new investment of former Telefonica boss Juan Villalonga, according to Spanish sports newspaper AS.

Although Villalonga's investment had led to talks with potential investors no deals have been made and, as a result, "Jose Ramon Carabante and his equity partners have put up the team for sale".

Having parted company with partner Toyota Motorsport, HRT has now been left with "no car, no base, no drivers, no sponsors - only a Cosworth engine."

Reverting back to the 2010 Dallara-designed car would make drivers the victim of the new 107 per cent qualifying rule, leaving the team in an even worse state of affairs than in 2010......
Full story HERE

I guess that would see Senna out of F1 (in race seat terms anyway)

If the news is confirmed will they find a buyer? What would a buyer get? There are no premises or staff to my knowledge, with the team using Colin Kolles base and resources. I am sure any in house work on a 2011 car is merely an update to the Dallara chassis from last season.

Lots of questions and thoughts really. The main one would be whether we will see only 22 cars? If the team does not sell will they even appear? If they do sell, who would be in the market for what may only be an entry ticket.

Discuss.....