View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2011, 23:24 (Ref:2815007)   #260
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fair comment pplater. The GT event will be great, and if this flood is not too big an economic and time problem to me I'll be there.
From my point of view the GTs and the Prodcars are not really a viable mix. The performance level is just too different, multiplied by the tyre regs putting the GTs on slicks while the prodcars are on roadable tyres. As you say they both deserve there own events.
And 6.123, they might not get a crowd to Bathurst to watch Evo's, but they certainly could get a crowd to Bathurst to watch a properly promoted street relevant production car event. Remember that is what the whole thing grew out of before it was high-jacked by the V8 thing.
To me the ideal is dump the October Boganfest and use that weekend for a genuine production event. In the 60's and 70's the Bathurst event revoloutionised the Australian Auto industry. We were building world class cars here because of the need to build practical cars that handled, stopped and survived. With the globalisation of vehicle building those days may never return, but there is still a level of Australian expertise being used all over the world that needs to be nutured and maintained.
We wont develop or maintain that racing KitKars.

Last edited by Oldtony; 12 Jan 2011 at 23:37. Reason: tyre difference