View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2011, 20:42 (Ref:2819313)   #43
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Dale Jr View Post
James Hardie Industries Iplex AMSCAR Series
Round 4 - Hardie Irrigation 100 (2/8/1987)

Circuit Length: 1.946 km
Race Distance: 100 laps

The first "enduro" of the year and the last AMSCAR round of the year. The JPS team won comfortably, although there was a near-miss early in the race. Steve Reed crashed the Lansvale Commodore exiting the Dunlop loop in the slippery early conditions, sliding to a stop in the middle of the road. The car was then collected by an unsighted Terry Shiel in the Peter Jackson Gazelle, badly damaging both cars. Richards, lapping Shiel, only just avoided getting caught up in the accident.

PositionNumberEntrantDriver/sCarClassRace Time/LapsRetirement CauseFastest TimeQualifying TimeGrid Position
13JPS Team BMWJim Richards / Tony LonghurstBMW M3B1h33m01.94s 0m53.68s0m52.20s1
216Mitsubishi Ralliart AustraliaBrad Jones / John FrenchMitsubishi StarionA99 laps 0m54.38s0m53.48s6
344Archibald MotorsportTrevor Crowe / Jim KeoghBMW M3B98 laps 0m54.88s 11
DNF13Bob Holden MotorsGarry Willmington / ?Toyota CorollaB    20
DNQ Bob Holden MotorsMike Birks / ?Toyota CorollaB     
I watched this race on DVD last night and spent the whole time looking for my car. If I had read this post first I would have known that it didn't qualify.......