View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2863600)   #84
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The only person I can think of with a similar profile to the guy that Andy is talking to in that pic was Tony Pond? It does look like a driver in overalls.... It doesn't explain why that car and those drivers were stopped trackside though. Presumably it wasn't raceday?
Yep, looking at it again, I think it is Tony Pond.
I found a pic saved on my PC (IIRC it was originally posted somewhere on the Rover thread, apologies for not crediting the original poster, but can't remember who it was!) which is apparently taken in the pits at Oulton the same weekend. Check out the arrangement of sponsor patches on the sleeve of Tony's racesuit,with that distinctive 'Esso' patch at the top and compare it with the Rouse pic
http://homepage.mac.com/frank_de_jon...ton-1984-7.jpg

Both drivers finished the race, so I guess it must have been taken during one of the practice or qualifying sessions- presumably both Andy and Tony had either had an off or a mechanical problem somewhere around the same region of the track? I can't think of any other reason they'd both be parked up trackside....
Attached Thumbnails
pond oulton 84.JPG