View Single Post
Old 9 May 2011, 16:00 (Ref:2877549)   #1528
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
as I said before, Dr. Ulrich told me before the race that the Peugeots were going to be very fast, so I think the first part of your theory is n=most likely incorrect. The second part I support, and hopefully it will be an epic battle lasting 24 hours.
Yes but you have to remember that Audi were 3 seconds slower in the race than they had regularly ran practice and Pug were regularly running as fast and faster than they had throughout practice. Therefore if Audi had dialled some speed out of the car - wisely to not appear too fast - thinking they still had a little in hand they would clearly have thought the Pug would be closer to their pace and therefore 'relatively fast'. Also the fastest time Pug had run all through practice by some margin was in the morning warm up and this unexpected speed may have surprised Dr Ullrich.