View Single Post
Old 20 May 2011, 00:30 (Ref:2882893)   #720
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I am sympathetic when I hear that teachers, members of the police force, or first responders loose their jobs due to lack of state funds, it is not a good thing of course and given the choice I would choose to send funds in that direction..

However why are we sending the space shuttle up again to the tune of a $100 million a pop, we could use that money to fund education..

Tavo Hellmund has been working on this idea for at least ten years, he is a smart man by all accounts and I believe knows Bernie very well and is not looking at this project through rose coloured specs, the facility is going to be used for many other things apart from a F1 race each year..

To be honest with you I like Austin just the way it is, and as much as I love the idea of a F1 race in my neck of the woods I do not wish to see it become a negative project and spoil what is a great city to live and work in..

We have 300 Million people in the USA if they charge a fair ticket price that folks can afford then I think a few will come to see this F1 thingy is all about maybe?
I'm personally in favour of space exploration and I believe the shuttle mission money was budgeted for quite some time ago and It's shame that Texas state money can't be redirected to save those jobs but I do take what you say on board.