View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2894552)   #751
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Well he certainly has a downer on the "British" doesn't he? What relevance is Bernie's nationality for heaven's sake?

And 95% of the British GP's audience are British? So what? It's a sell out annually and there are other Grand Prix within easy driving distance in Belgium and Germany. Just like a short hop if you're from Texas!!

I can see why it's an easy target if budgets are being cut and schools are under pressure but I think if he revisits the issue in 5 years it will be seen as a success.

I've been to Austin myself and it's a really great town, I think the GP will be very well suited there. With a bit of luck there could be a US Formula One driver again soon and that'll help.
I don't see this as downer on the British, he's merely pointing out who runs F1. Most people in the US will never have heard of Bernie.