View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2898302)   #19
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's hard to know what the real view from the cockpit is like, but I would expect the Audi drivers to have problems with visibility off centre-line in the cockpit, if at all. With the Rockenfeller incident, I felt like he based his commitment to the inside off his view out of the front during approach, and had already put himself into a wedge where his ability to see car on left or grass on right wasn't going to make a spot of difference as he was going for a ride no matter what. Maybe the view for the driver is worse, but in particular with in-car cameras at night I expect overall visibility is better given the aperture and focus response of the human eye.

With the McNish crash, judging the role of visibility is a little harder, because I think the biggest vision impediment that resulted in poor car positioning was the other R18 right in front of him - this affected both Allan and Beltoise I would surmise. Vision notwithstanding, a bit of impetuousness is the primary culprit here in my estimation.

I do not believe sound or lack thereof has anything to do with either of these incidents.