View Single Post
Old 15 Jun 2011, 16:47 (Ref:2899614)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've stayed out of this until now. I'm intrigued to see the DW and whether it will work or not. It is NOT the way back in for Highcroft that I had hoped although like others have alluded to, if it garners enough corporate interest they could use it as a springboard. I await the engine supplier with great interest.

Secondly I'm trying to look at the bigger picture. The 56th pit is a something that sets Le Mans apart and I think the choice of this car is really a kind of statement of intent from the ACO as to the possibilities they are willing to embrace. The boundaries should be pushed. Maybe this is not the most appealing solution but then again this is not the only year the 56th pit will be implemented. It is a long-term idea routed in the history of the sport. 10 years from now just think what kind of concepts we could have witnessed. Some groundbreaking, others complete failures.

Seeing which car falls into which bracket will add another dimension to an already great race.