Thread: Movies Senna Movie
View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2011, 12:41 (Ref:2904236)   #124
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I watched the film last night, I really enjoyed it, though felt a bit depressed at the end, and I admit that I filled up slightly when all the images of the funeral were being played out. I was a bit surprised that there was no mention of his friendship with Berger, although apparently the version released to the public is 1hr 46min, whereas the one showed at Canne (the one that won all the awards) was 2hr 44min. So im not sure exactly what happened there and what was cut out.

The fact was that if that peice of suspension had not popped up in the manner it did and at that angle, Senna would probably be still alive today. I will concede that a lot of the safety measures in F1 today are a good thing, HANS, cockpit structures etc. Where I draw the line is tarmac run off. There is just too much of it, even Mark Webber said that they have gone too far in a few areas.