View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2906383)   #1299
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Again (I´m going to put this in my sig I think lol), Dr Theissen has confirmed to Eurosport at Le Mans that BMW's factory involvement in sports cars ends after the 2011 season aside from Z4 GT3 technical support for customers.

BMW is shifting all their effort to the DTM starting 2012, Schnitzer will be one of the crews there... their works team is busy, there are no resources for sports car races with the M3.

The ALMS programme might continue if RLR can fund it themselves which is doubtful given the US economy. BMW would also be interested in selling the M3 as customer car, it's kind of unlikely that they find a buyer though as the car is expensive and with no further development, the potential buyer would be stuck in a dead end.

So unless a miracle of some sort comes along, this is the last we´ll be seing from the M3 GT2. As sad as that is.... well, the car had plenty of success at least.
Yes, I know that, Im referring to the quality of endurance racing compared to the quality of Dull Tedious Mudane recently.