View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2011, 06:35 (Ref:2927324)   #13
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
This has nothing to do with the title of the thread...
The video shows the character of the man, and how he deals with people.

The real point I was making, is look at how Vettel drives the lap in the reasonably priced car! The precision, smoothness and mechanical sympathy is amazing, and the lap is the fastest ever!

Watch how Vettel drives the lap and compare it with the footage of anyone else who has driven the lap. (I judge drivers according to how they perform, so I fail to see how this display of Vettel's is irrelevant in the debate about who the best driver is.)

This performance alongside his regular pole times has made me a believer.
I think he is probably the best and only Alonso is comparable ( and he stuffed up big time in the last race last year).

Last year Vettel took the title, from Japan onward he has been pretty well flawless losing out completely only in Korea through engine failure after starting on pole.
This year he has had 6 wins and 3 seconds (204 points from a possible 225!), his team mate Webber (124) who is a pretty decent driver has not faired nearly as well. So if we take Webber as the standard Vettel has done a stunning job.
The difference between a WDC and merely a good driver?

Adrian Newey's opinion about how good Sebastian is, how hard he works and how humble he is about his success must also set him apart from some of the others who seem to think they are god's personal gift to F1, and motor racing in general. I know who I'd rather be building a team around. The video showed the character of Vettel as a man.