View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2932732)   #186
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
No they won't. I certainly won't subscribe to Sky (and I can easily afford it), just because F1 is on it. And to be honest, the BBC coverage is as good as it needs to be for me to watch it. Sky would have to pay me for the coverage to be so good for me to watch it there!

I'm not sure how much it costs for the BBC to actually send people out to the races. JH, MB, DC, the pitlane womans who's name I cannot remember, plus small camera crew. Not outrageous. The majority of the cost to the BBC is paying for the feed from FOM. The BBC also do a lot of stuff on the Red button, which, to be honest, I don't bother with, and on iPlayer, which I do watch, but that's no different from any other iPlayer stuff, so no addition cost except FOM license charges.

So really, the 'good coverage' isn't really that much of the cost. So how much better could Sky be? They will use the same feeds, just have their own version of the current presenters.

So, in effect viewers will get the same view of the action, with different presenters, but at 4 times the cost we pay at the moment. (Licence fee = £145.50, Sky Sports = £600 according to posts here)

Sounds like a good deal to me.
Ahem... GBP745.50 ! You still need to pay the licence fee even if you only watch Sky.