View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2011, 15:59 (Ref:2940051)   #25
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Next time you're at a circuit sit on the track and trying to pick out the flag point - it's not easy, believe me.
I can't remember who told me when I was even more green than I am now (and after the weekend in the sun I'm fairly red!) that when going to a new track, or a post that you're unfamiliar with you should walk back to the previous post if time allows and then walk the racing line back towards your post. It gives some idea of the view the drivers have, albeit rather more slowly and from slightly greater height. It's helped me out on several occasions since.

Also, I remember seeing something on telly a few years back which showed a driver's eye movements while tanking it round a circuit (I can't remember which driver, but it was in an F3 car I think). Where they were looking did not correspond to where you might have expected them to, as their eyes were at least half a turn ahead of their track position for a good part of the lap. Must ask the wife if she can recall what programme it was on...