View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2955542)   #114
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Is that not the polar opposite of your GT only proposal where the goal was factory involvment, TV ratings etc.
My first mention of going GT only was about 18 months ago. Part of the proposition was to keep the current and excellent GT field together. Since then the ALMS introduced the unpopular media platform, and along with other influences and factors, we will now see about half of the GT grid exit stage left in the next two years. My thoughts were to prevent these losses (that I felt were likely coming without change), and the losses of these top notch teams from IMSA/ALMS. I don't know if focusing the attention on GT would have stopped this or not, but times have changed. It's now TOO LATE, to make such changes. The barn door opened, time for other solutions to try and keep things at least the level we have, as much as that is lower than what it was.

Quote:
The fact there isn't an obvious route forward could be an argument to stick with current arrangements for the short-term at least.
Current arrangement ensures death or irrelevancy... It isn't an acceptable way forward.

Again, I wrote about the issues of the ACO and the ALMS some 21 months ago, and how the wants/needs of the ACO and ALMS were divergent. Of course Jag, you argued that this was patently false the whole time, and that ILMC/WEC would be great for all. Jag, I don't know if you mostly argue for Status Quo because it is what you know, and don't like change, or you simply cannot see how the landscape can change, and how events/announcements are threats and/or opportunities.

My expectation is that Don and Scott will renew with the ACO, and will continue to deteriorate, due to a complete inability for forward thinking, and only the ability to attempt to tread water. Short of Don having some sort of epiphany, changing the management and direction... the only real solution is to find new ownership/management for the series. Of course that is nothing new, and that option was pursued some 21 months ago too.. Don seems more concerned in vanity projects that will do nothing at all for the state of the sport, then the actual health of his series.