View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2011, 18:11 (Ref:2982834)   #945
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
People like Murdoch don't get destroyed in scandals, they ride them out and pay off as appropriate.
Murdoch is merely a puppet for corrupt government regimes. If you believe we live in a world of free-speech and choice, then you are sadly mistaken.

"People believe they have a choice when they vote during an election. You know what? You'll still end up with the government, what kind of choice is that?"
Bill Hicks

All TV is corrupt and merely shows what they want you to see. From the banality of the X Factor to real world events, they edit what you see. What we see in the UK is very different to what is seen in the Far East for example. Other than F1 and MotoGP, I don't watch TV. It doesn't entertain me, it doesn't educate me, it merely tells me what I should think.
The Senna movie proves how editing can re-write a story from a particular point of view.

Isn't it fascinating that conspiracy theories have become more prevalent with the internet, because people have always asked questions but always feared being ridiculed by others.
"Back and to the left, back and to the left..." Bill Hicks merely saying what countless observers have thought about JFK's assassination.
Even today, the US government will make documentaries to mis-direct us and prove their version of events.
I have had the misfortune, on days off, of catching Jeremy Kyle in the morning, the wife insists!!! It makes me despair that celebrity now isn't about talent, it's about getting on TV, and the standards of these people...
Has anyone ever seen Wall-e, the Pixar animation. Are we not heading towards a society whereby we'll be floating around on chairs, ordering food and basically being obese. Being told by the Overseer what to do, think etc

I'm angry at Bernies greed, then again he knows enough heads of state to be part of the corrupt regime too. I'm angry that the F1 teams have no backbone. Sport has died, consumerism is all that matters.
On another thread we speak about Tilke circuits all being similar in design. TV contributes to applauding mediocrity and I have had enough.
I have Freeview, and a HDD recorder which even now I can't be bothered to get up at stupid o'clock, I just watch it "live" when i turn the thing on. But like others have said, I have a day to go to museums with my daughters, or go for picnics etc, I can watch the race in the evening and if it is merely highlights, then so be it.
30 years on, we have returned to the Sunday Grandstand scenario, watch first 3 laps , then snooker, another few laps, then cricket, then maybe last 5 laps. In the evening the 40mins of highlights. Racing towards the future, hardly.

Anyway, guys and gals, I'm glad to share my time and views (!) with you, as we seem to be true fans of F1, not blinkered fanboys as on other sites that merely know how to spell profanities properly.

Last edited by herowassenna; 7 Nov 2011 at 18:21.