View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2991429)   #920
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
@Purist, could that be because of braking distances by LMPs compared to GT1's? They are much lighter with around equal hp. A GT car with 600hp can reach high speeds, but braking distances would be very high slowing from 300kmh, a prototype would be much better in braking areas. And with GTE, top speeds are limited because hp doesn't exceed 500. Am I correct in assuming this may be a reason for track choice and run-off area? Road America's long straights are followed by run offs, but they aren't paved. I'm sure they can change that though, and the worst is the kink on the 3rd flat out section, I don't know how they'd fix that. But the other corners are fine with minor pavement and some pushing back of the fence with more tire barriers.