Thread: GTE Speculation
View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2011, 15:40 (Ref:2996041)   #84
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pure GT in my opinion should be show room stock cars with no BoP. Probably would be a good idea to have cars that are manufactured in decent numbers, say at least a five hundred to keep cars like the Hennessey Venom, Gumpert Apollo, or an Aquila CR1 from dominating, maybe create a GT Open class for limited production GT cars of this nature.

Pure GT would have to remain original to the road going version except for tires, rollbar, and maybe minimal aero like a wing and splitter. So what you would have is “Cup” versions of the road going car from every manufacturer. You would need strong enforcement by the sanctioning body to keep the cars in line with their road going counterparts. No mid-season upgrades or changes until the new model year. If there is no BoP no one can complain about it; like I have said before I think all major manufacturers think they make a good GT so if that is the case all they have to do is prove it on the track. I would love to see a 458, ZR1, GT-R, and others with top drivers go at it.