View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2996087)   #171
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Just picking this thread up again- We seem to have a fair idea of what happened to a lot of the UK-based Group A Mk3s, but there are a couple of cars that are a bit of a mystery to me- a rarely-seen BTCC RS1600i, and a mystery RS Turbo

First of these is Lionel Abbott's RS1600i- this appeared in a handful of 1983 BTCC rounds, then seems to have disappeared until it had a single outing at Thruxton early in '86. Maybe in support of an attempt to sell it- the car was certainly being advertised in Autosport at some time that season (don't recall the year)

Second, and the one I know absolutely nothing about, is a Richard Longman RS Turbo that seems to have raced at Macau in 1986. All I know about this one comes from an ad in Autosport, when the car was for sale late the following year.

The ad describes it as a car built new in November 1986 for Macau, and only raced once, so it's looks like it's not one of the ex-BTCC Datapost cars- but does any one have more of an idea on this one?

I don't even know who drove it- the 'C(G?)2000' sponsorship in the picture might be a clue though- the Kaliber Sierra Andy Rouse took to Macau in 1988 had the same sponsorship.
The Rouse Sierra was then sold on to Adrian Fu, who entered it the following year- still with the same sponsorship, as has been discussed in the RS500 thread.
Does this sponsorship appearing on both cars suggest that Mr Fu was involved with the RS Turbo entry as well?
Attached Thumbnails
Lionel Abbott RS1600i 83.jpg   Longman Macau 86 RS Turbo.jpg