View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2996998)   #448
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
I'd suggest that AGT wanted to be on the program for Clipsal - giving the drivers and their sponsors WAY more exposure at a much bigger event.
Seems pretty logical, from a purely business perspective. Conjecture aside, as events, Adelaide/Clipsal are now competing (albeit with a significant advantage, via V8SC) with the 12 hour for both competitors (via AustralianGT) and fan attendance - with the latter depending heavily on the quality of the former.

While I (and likely multiple others) would prefer the event organisers not interfere with the interests of one another, that's business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Plus the fact that they would get their arses handed to them on a platter by turning up at Bathurst for the 12 hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
What?
It might be blunt but, funding/sponsorship related factors aside, he's right. A substantial volume of the local competitors would be (based on what's been displayed thus far) considerably out of their depth against the competition (select local entries included).

There seems to be a prevailing mentality amongst certain local competitors that the quality of the competition should be adjusted to a degree that best matches their abilities.
This is likely a product of their environment and, within that environment, it's understandable (to a certain extent).

Multiple local competitors (yourself included) seem to have grasped what's necessary to remain competitive. In regards to both the package, and driver lineup.

I'm all for any legitimate attempt to increase the volume of local GT3 (and touring, for that matter) competitors within the 12 hour.
The event's long term well-being likely depends on increases be delivered in this area.

What's required to be competitive within this specific arena just needs to be better understood/acknowledged by local outfits (should they have an interest/desire to participate).

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 8 Dec 2011 at 14:11.