View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2999936)   #1279
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Did he actually buy the R10, or was it some kind of leasing deal with Audi?
i think he bought, for 3 reasons:

1. team kolles ran the cars for 2 consecutive years (in 2010 with no more a "official team" style livery). Usually the leasing deals are just for one year! i know, team oreca ran the 908HDi for 2 years, but is a different situation, because in 2011 the team had to help peugeot in manufacter champ of ILMC and most of all, because has ever been very competitive with that car in 2010 races (in 2010 the car had all updates, basicly was the forth official car in grid at LM). But team kolles, has never been competitive, even in 2009 LMS was really terrible judging by the cars they had, so why audi had to renew the leasing with a team that was only a shame for audi...

2. audi gave them 2 cars without any update and with the engine heavily tuned down

3. i remember that in late 2009 one of their car (maybe both, i don't know) was for sale and then sold to a collector who however let them use the car at LM 2010 (for this reason i think that team kolles couldn't take part to the 2010 LMS, simply because hadn't the car/s anymore)