View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2011, 00:04 (Ref:2999988)   #2358
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I repeat, hight is NOT the problem. Otherwise they could just peel off the a bit of windscreen sticker (it covers like the top half of the windscreen). Have a look at this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovq8K1Bqa1Q
If anything is really wrong with the visibility, the massive pillars must be the problem.
Let's face it. Many LMPs don't even resemble sportscars. They are singleseaters, with tiny fighter-jet-like cockpits and wheels in separate 'pods' barely attached to the chassis and from 2012 they become openwheel singleseaters!

Here's what I meant talking about making the width of the cockpit more acceptable.

i.e.
Peeling of a part of the windscreen sticker wouldn't help. The problem with the R18 is the seating position compared to the wheel arches, so yes hight is a problem.
I think it's pretty clear we won't see "open wheelers" in 2012, so why post this?
Looking at Le Mans history, the Bentley and Toyota TS020 is two of the biggest green houses in the history, and should in that state of mind have the Porsche 917, Grp. C/Peugeot 905 as a design goal, which cockpits isn't that different than the 908/R18 except relative "lower"(ei. the old cars has a "lower" cockpit).
In general i have nothing against the current design of cars, except all the mandatory parts, like the Fin and smaller rear wing.

A funny thing. When i started the LMP EVO rules thread, the general opinion was against those rules. Now it's starting to sound that it's what people kinda wants!?.