View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3008401)   #1313
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Hmm I don't think the ELMS "gave" P1 to the ACO and the WEC. They chose to head in another direction, knowing full well that WEC entries would be good for an invite to Le Mans. It's not even like stalwart LMS teams have defected to the WEC.

Outfits like Signatech are new to the game and have bigger fish to fry.
Signatech = Signature Plus right? They are a former ELMS team. 2010 runner up in LMP1 IIRC. Ok, that might have been a bit of a joke of a second place, but whatever.

As for "giving up" P1, it might not have been a fully conscious move, but the ELMS probably thought that they would be better off conceding the P1 business and focusing on stand-alone races with P2s and other things since they did everything not P1 pretty well and the ILMC did not. Well, that may have been a somewhat flawed idea, but I don't know what other choice they could have made. Still, I think teams like Pescarolo and Rebellion would have run in the ELMS if ELMS P1 still existed. It may have been in combination with WEC in the case of Rebellion, but that's still something. But, yeah, that's not enough just as 2 P1s in ALMS isn't enough even if Dyson-Muscle Milk and Pescarolo-Rebellion put on better shows than Peugeot-Audi at non-Le Mans tracks. Granted, that's with BoP in the case of the ALMS.