Rookie

Canada
Canada. Very far Nth
Paul Carr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTinSURREY View Post
All,

Who out there knows what happened to Bobby Holwings inventory of Race Cars when he decided to uproot and move to the US?

In addition, did Bobby work on the cars himself or did he have a mechanic working at his garage in the Arches, Manchester? If so who was this person and where is he now?

The reasoning behind my post is that we know Bobby acquired a car in 1983 that we're researching the history of. The car reappeared in the early 90's in Belgium but we have a gap of 7-10 years in it's life, which we'd like to uncover.

The car in question is a March 782, which needed some major restoration work when Bobby acquired it in 1983. At the time 782's weren't popular so it may have sat in Bobby's workshop or someone elses for some considerable time.

Any clues would be appreciated...
Hi my name is Paul Carr.

I worked for Bobby on and off for many years. In Manchester under the railway arches also out in the states when he moved to Deerfield Beach Fla. I did a lot of very interesting stuff. I worked prity much full time for John Brannigan Motorsport but he and Bobby were almost joined at the hip, there business were next door to each other and they even lived next door to each other and moved out to Florida at the same time dealing with Tony Dean and Yanoshik. Those two Howlings and brannigan ran the second hand market for many years they must have salted away some serious stuff, those guys owned the cars; bought them for cash; no commision agents or borrowed these guys are the real deal. I can remember F1 cars stacked up ontop of each other at Brannigans house I remember picking the 6 wheel tyrell up for Bob and other amazing memories.
Poor old Bobs gone now as far as John Brannigan goes he made a mint of money when he sold his entertainment buisness to Top Rank/Mecca or Granada Lesiure cant remeber who but was multi milions now in Monaco.
If its anything to do with a March believe me Branny would know. he was the March Man I can remember March Eng would contact him for spares and info.
Only those guys can unravel lots of strange goings on with cars.
It was without a doubt a blast to work for them. R.I.P Bob. If your out there Branny have a ball!!!!
Your mate Paul.