Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3012567)   #402
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFDY View Post
As far as I know thay didnt have enough entrys for the old production class for Pukekohe any way.
That's largely because they treated the Production classes like lepers. At some rounds last year TMC would not even have pit space for PRS yet they would allow there 'mates' to park in the pits where otherwise there would have been room for a PRS competitor. At times some were put out in a stinking muddy car park area. Yet we all paid the same entry fee.

There was no coverage for PRS on TV3 on race weekend, but if you were up at 3am one morning six months later, you might have seen something on Sky. Not a good look for the sponsors (who are so hard to attract in the first place).

So now this year when a TMC employee decides to compete, they televise it!! I said months ago this would happen, so it's no surprise to me.
No doubt there will be some BS story about class sponsorship to justify it.

These are just a couple of examples of the sort of "we'll look after ourselves first" mentality from TMC that has contributed significantly to the split in V8's. And that I can assure is fact!