View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3033508)   #1257
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Going On The New DJR Paint, I also Notice That FORD is off the windscreen and has been places on front splitter and end plates on the spoiler, decrease in funding from FORD this year, DJ was quoted saying that they would recieve backing from ford but the level was yet to be determined. Any one have any insight....GTR you always seem to be in the know of these things...
Stories going around at Homebush time last year suggested that Ford was said to be underpaying for the physical space being taken up on the windscreens of a number of teams' cars.

With the switcheroo of the REC's and cars and whatnot in 2012, the problem largely went away, however a previous Ford strategy in sharing a decreasing budget was to maintain the same financial commitment to the teams, however having to spread that same outright dollar value across the additional cars.

For example, if Ford was spending $1m a season at DJR in 2012, that value would not change if there were 4 cars running there, or two cars running there.

The Ford logos are large and obvious on the race suits of the #12, #17 & #18 pilots (havent seem Mr Owen's 2012 racewear..) so the funding demonstrates the appearance of meaning something to that team

Presumably DJR & friends have onsold the windscreen space for a good price... BJR has been selling the windscreen signage on all 3 of their cars last year for $10k a round (including GST) which offered a couple of ride spots... that makes a nice contribution to budget...

.. if the Ford largesse is maintained in 2012 at 2011 levels...

By the end of this month, I suspect there will be some changes a'coming in the world of Ford Motorsport, and not just because of the latest new boss...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods