View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2012, 14:41 (Ref:3042223)   #1
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Middle age men and convertibles?

Prompted by a reaction on another thread, I was wondering if there are ANY convertible cars that it's acceptable for a greying 50yr old bloke to drive round town in? I know our good friends at Top Gear would say a definite NO, but I'm not so sure that's the case. For example, if for the word convertible we put cabriolet then I'd agree, but if instead we try the words roadster or spider it conjures up a completely different idea of motoring. Would one of those be acceptable? Or is it a matter of size, eg a Mini would be a no-no, but would an Aston V12 a yes-yes?.... or just a knob-knob?

So that's the question. Can a self respecting man of a certain age find anything he can enjoy the sunshine in? Any ideas?

A Jaguar E-type roadster perhaps? Although I suspect that would just mean enjoying the sunshine while waiting for the breakdown truck. Something a bit more modern maybe?