View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2012, 18:27 (Ref:3043037)   #1815
rocketcar
Rookie

United Kingdom
Colchester
rocketcar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am putting my view on bbc/sky f1 coverage here whether you like it or not!

Sky have done a half decent job as I will explain... but there is room for improvement.

On the plus:
  • They had a live presenting team for the practice sessions (inc' brundle), practice was in HD.
  • The skypad however much I hate the name is a good piece, just wish they just show us the video soley on the skypad a bit more rather than show it with the two presenters next to them.
  • Croft and Brundle is an excelent partnership.

On the downside (and why I still am likley to watch bbc f1 when they have live races):
  • Simon lazeyby (or what ever his name is) asks stupid questions, or questions that arent questions and uses them basically to say to another person "speak for a bit about f1".
  • Simon also makes footballing refrences to much... I cant stand football and hate how corporate "sky sports" is infiltrating this sport.
  • Georgie Tompson is a waste of sky's money, she knows very little about f1 and shouldnt be presenting show on it and her presence at the skypad is worthless - that feature is bascially ant davison talking and he does a stella job at it!
  • Adverts in practice means it is not uninterupted coverage, but there are no adds inbetween qually sessions so can't complain.
And after watching the BBC's "highlights" attempt this afternoon its not a bad attempt.
  • Their analysis and discussion post qually was far superior to Sky's as Jake is an act that sky simply cannot match and DC is onpar with Brundle.
  • Gary Anderson is a real match for Ted and in my opinion a bit better as he really knows his stuff!
  • Although they should have reduced the pre-build up features with jenson and the other pointless ones to have a piece on rule changes/ drives and circuits as well as one on practice so far. That could easily be possible before qually in the 15 mins they set aside.
...rant over haha