View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3045433)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
All this was pre-Nader, and would stop in the 70s. By the time that soft-tops came back in vogue (206cc ?) there were far more ladies with licences, and they liked the generally more attractive lines of these new models. Am I sexist here - being too general?
not really, i think you're right. girls like pretty cars. guys like it to look The Business. are girls more likely to buy a car on the emotional pull of being able to drive it with the roof off on a nice day?

course, this is all rendered useless by the fact i know two guys with convertible sportscars as second cars, and a total of zero ladies who drive convertibles...

which brings us back to why the heck do people still think convertibles are for girls? is it the grace kelly thing? (yes, we all know how that ended up)