Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3045682)   #1022
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
The subject, I remind you, is NZV8s. Not STs, and not "Why the bloke who posted something about me 3 pages ago is a moron."
To clarify, because people in here seem determined to react to everything, "me" in the comment above does not refer to 'me' as in Woolley. It is merely indicative of the sort of comment that I have had to delete in large numbers. ie, poster X described poster Y in such fashion because they disagreed with something they said 15 posts previously. It's not the playground, just discuss the subject and lets lose the 'my Dad's bigger than your Dad' posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Well you're the boss Woolley, but I would like to add a comment and a question. In a small country like NZ, and particularly when you factor in how V8ST came about, there are many discussions about V8 racing that can not avoid reference to both classes. Should we have a "V8 racing in NZ" thread then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
As you said this country is not big enough to support two V8 threads, this is why we are hoping from one to the other, looking for someone to talk to, or about.
The country probably isn't big enough for the two series, and time and a court case will likely decide which will prevail. However, you should be able to keep the two threads separate. When the court case is settled then there will certainly be cause for discussion of the result and that will clearly be in it's own thread. A certain amount of comparison is OK (which is heavier, which has most power) is fine, but filling the NZV8 thread with 'ST is better, V8 is rubbish' and vice versa is just plain rude.

I hope my point is clear. This is a discussion forum so please discuss. Don't throw insults, don't swamp the thread with posts to belittle the series of the subject or those who wish to discuss it and don't avoid the autocensor while you're at it. If in doubt, read the FAQ and engage your brain before hitting the send button. If you'd get upset by someone saying that about you, then don't say it about them.