View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2002, 20:05 (Ref:305610)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Firstly, my apologies to you, Fab, as I haven't read the report on the link you supplied. I haven't been to it because I'm assuming it's in French (and you know how bad my French is!!).

Where has this story come from?

2002 seems to be the year of "stories" of one kind or another.

First we had the "chicanes" between Mulsanne and Indianapolis.

More recently, the FIA "scare" about flipping cars,

and now this.

How many companies are affected by the closure? Does not the fact that the road has been closed every year since 1923 (give or take the war years) count for anything?

What is concerning me more is that there was of course a plan in 1975 to cut a new straight and link back between Mulsanne and Indianapolis, which Clausager (in his book "Le Mans" published in 1982) describes as being "shelved for the time being."

Are we therefore approaching the "time being"? It would also solve the problem of the speeds between Mulsanne and Indianapolis as well by cutting more than half the long stretch between the two corners.

I don't like the sound of this one much.

Paulzinho - you'd better find some way of getting there this year mate - there might not be much of your beloved Mulsanne left by 2003!!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 5 Jun 2002 at 20:06.