Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2012, 04:32 (Ref:3062921)   #1149
harcey
Racer

harcey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Checked out the "new next gen V8's" yesterday during practice sessions, and was dissapointed to find that FG01 is STILL running the old gear and clearly has had no further development. The VE car on the other hand just looked like it had left a wreckers yard....very poorly put together piece of s**t. However it did have a new engine in place and the TT g/box was also in place but with no interior at all to speak of.

These cars look cheaply made and in no way bare any resemblence to the ST.

Which got me thinking, if MSNZ (who are running the booth where the two cars are) think that this new car will be just as good as the new ST class are simply dreaming. And i have concerns about driver safety too. The gauge of the tube used is the cage is tiny, the welds look terrible and it looks like it was made in Hamilton, out of number 8 fencing wire. If these new cars can go fast and all that stuff, what will happen if one is involved in a heavy crash? I dont think they would stand up well at all.

On the plus side however i liked the livery of the FG, and the wheels and brakes look nice.

But thats it.
dude, youve got it real bad havent you........