Thread: Forza question
View Single Post
Old 11 May 2012, 04:46 (Ref:3072520)   #8
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
A couple of bits of advice, lose the assists early on.
I always insist on people playing it in whatever way makes them happy. I encourage people to "take off the training wheels" and run without assists, but some folks just aren't interested and prefer a more arcadey feel, and if that makes them happy then more power to them. If they are willing to step up and run without assists, if they haven't already been playing similar games without assists I normally recommend gradually backing off from driver aids in baby steps rather than all at once.

It can be a lot of work to go from all assists to none all at once if you're not used to playing that way. I typically recommend starting by removing the unrealistic ones (brake assist, magic race line, and I think there's a steering assist) and then maybe ESC since I never really noticed it doing much of anything anyway. After they're comfortable without ESC, then maybe they could turn off either ABS or TCS, and once they're comfortable with one off they can then do the other as well. Trying to go from relying on driver aids straight to running none at all is like a baby trying to go from never even sitting up straight to jumping onto his feet, running across the room to a bicycle, doing a triple backflip onto the bike, and riding it out the front door.

Of course, I don't know where TC's comfort level and racing experience is.