View Single Post
Old 11 May 2012, 12:29 (Ref:3072654)   #321
AGD A105/6
Racer

England
SW London
AGD A105/6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pics of the Touring Greats, John and Richard. The rolling A40 and its miraculous continuation happened right in front of me but I have some problem with my forward-camera datacard so no video. I was trialling a new rearcam, first lap here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C_gYByD-10&feature=youtu.be
Bit wide angle so plenty of dark brooding sky. Not an Oystercatcher in sight though. Stills aren’t bad either, but perhaps if I’d spent more time driving rather than hopping into the back seat and flipping the black cloak over my head to expose the glass plates we might have achieved a better place. It took plenty of trial and even more error to learn the full 300 infield section, the hairpin is especially unpleasant. Bogged a couple of times and the resultant frantic downchanges gave Stephen Chase in the following A40 some palpitations until I got my act together and could finally pull away. In increasingly slippery conditions, Roberto brought us home in 10th, the car’s best showing in HRDC so far, looking forward to Donington.
Attached Thumbnails
A40 - 3copy.jpg   Borgward - 1copy.jpg   MG  Borgward - 1 copy.jpg  

MG  Standard - 1copy.jpg   Rapier - 1copy.jpg