View Single Post
Old 21 May 2012, 14:37 (Ref:3077292)   #9
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Really? You really, really think that some irresponsible scrote will be running a pre 1960 car just to avoid MOT? Slow, noisy, expensive on fuel, unreliable, uncomfortable, leaky death traps that will cost far, far more to drive than it will for a 1990s banger to get through an MOT? Plus pre 1960 cars will be much, much more expensive to buy than an old Eurobox/Japbox/w.h.y.

Get a grip! I suspect there needs to be a dose of reality on this forum....
Sorry to have caused you so much outrage chap!
I am not referring to the likes of you and our fellow posters on this forum, we are all enthusiasts who would ensure that 'our' classics are totally safe. Working as I do in the motor-trade where people are prolonging service intervals etc, and leaving MoT testing until the last minute in a vain bid to save money leads me to believe that some unscupulous individuals may be tempted to offer their aged next door neighbour £50.00 for the rusting Morris Minor in his back garden, so they can drive it around, without the cost of keeping it safe & road-worthy.*
(*This is of course, just my opinion, but one that I am perfectly entitled to have )