View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2012, 05:57 (Ref:3113544)   #85
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog View Post
Mike...i tried already!! Sent an email to Duncan Wiltshire a good few months ago saying we would love to have their guys join us but unfortunately i never got a reply.
Maybe now everyone has seen it work more will be encouraged to enter next time. I think MRL, who, lets face it, made their mark with races for Pre-War cars, pre 56 etc are, with the support of JD Classics, slowly building momentum with the 70's and 80's Touring cars. What isn't needed is another series that would dilute grids.

Silverstone Classic can only host so many races, so having the genuine cars from JDCC join your chosen later ones for that race is a no-brainer to me. As I intimated last November and probably more than once (an age thing ) if you get a full grid of genuine 'works' cars then I will be happy to be watching rather than racing!

I did look at buying the Hodgetts Brooklyn Sierra when Oakfields had it for sale but at that time there was nowhere to race it against like cars. Bad decision on my part! I guess the period M3s currently for sale are beyond my reach but wonder how much the GpA Volvo 240T is going for........

John, your post crossed mine. In answer- have no idea, but at Brands earlier this year Masters and MRL combined their grids into one race, so it can be done!