View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3120363)   #17
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
heres my pics from the Saturday 4th August, BRSCC event
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coletri...7630999522042/

i think that if you're going to spend a day spectating then its always worth looking at the championship websites and previous results on TSL etc so you have some idea what to expect, and also what stuff not to bother with! For the weekend this thread is about a think the Fun Cup was the main event, but that was finished with on Saturday so left the Sunday a bit thin.

imo every club has at least one championship with very poor entry lists, e.g. less than 10 cars, some of them are new series

someone mentioned an idea where the entry fee is based upon the amount of cars in the race, i think project 8 racing do this (prices based upon filling the grid and the club making no profit) they run Production BMW and Project 8 Racing Saloons under the MSVR umbrella, entry fees are pretty unbeatable imo e.g. £260 for 55 minutes on the Brands GP track, 15 minute qualy, 2x 20 minute races.

someone mentioned 750mc as being a good club, i think it is, they run some great championships like stock hatch and the compact cup, but from what ive seen on their site they seem to charge the same entry fee for every championship, so better subscribed championships are subsidising the poorer ones

i think clubs ought to look at combining races more often, and in some cases combining championships, allowing invitation class cars in etc, it should mean cheaper entry fees for the racers and its better for the spectators if there's more cars in the race, there is for example two MK2 Golf championships, 2 MX5 Championships, two classic alfa championships etc etc