View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3123775)   #1699
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Yeah, it sucks how money gets tight when the entire world economy crashes.

Cracks me up how people blame Obama for the slow recovery ... I guess those are folks who haven't heard of "Europe" yet.

On a faster, note ... I don't have much hope for the DWing. Just needing specialized wheels and tires makes it hard to find a home, and since its big advantage is efficiency it pretty much needs an endurance format to succeed. No great savings in a sprint format, and doesn't fit any current endurance class, plus Michelin has to make one-off tires ...

it was a great idea and great attempt but until it can be melded into an existing endurance class, it will sit in a warehouse somewhere.
Not surprising recovery is slow with the amount of money he continues to borrow, but I digress.

I don't think we've seen the last of the D-Wing. If there's a protracted hiatus between now and Le Mans next year so be it. However, if they can race at Sebring next year that would excellent.