View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3124724)   #1896
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Without Sebring the WEC would start to look a bit like Indycar, one epic, International event with over 200,000 spectators and worldwide television interest, a couple of decent events ie Long Beach/Texas and Spa/Fuji and then a bunch of races that hardly anybody attends and has even worse television interest.
I agree, the EVENTS are always more important for me than any championship (Le Mans, Sebring, PLM, Daytona, Long Beach etc). But unfortunately I think the Sebring separation will happen nevertheless what we hope... and the rest are too far reach, as much as I'd love PLM to be there, ALMS needs space too and frankly it is their event. And Le Mans, well, I stated my opinion about that in regard to the world championship.

Semi sensible calendar
World Sportscar Championship

Apr Fuji 500km (integrated with Asian Le Mans Series)
Apr Monza 500km (// Euro LMP Trophy)
May Spa 1000km (// Euro LMP Trophy)
*LM break*
Jul Paul Ricard 500km (// Euro LMP Trophy)
Jul Silverstone 500km (// Euro LMP Trophy)
Aug Nurburgring 1000km (// Euro LMP Trophy)
Sep Montreal 500km
Sep Laguna Seca 500km
Nov Mil Milhas 1000 miles

* Euro LMP Trophy would be an internal mini-champ for European LMP2 teams, because they need some place to run. This would replace ELMS entirely and boost European grids

Ricard round could be cut off if needed. It wouldn't be my dream schedule by a long shot, but rather more effective