View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3152048)   #15
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I must say, I don't really care for the configuration change (chicane).
I don't know that the entry to that chicane is tight enough to be a very good overtaking zone on its own. In addition though, it's right after the bend in the back stretch. This means there's really no room to straighten out on the outside line, line the guy up, pull out, get alongside, and then outbrake him, as was the car with the run to the hairpin. Taking the inside line through the bend blocks guys getting an inside run, and the bend being right there means that you'll be significantly more compromised on your line to make the corner even trying an inside move approaching the chicane.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that the run out of the chicane to the hairpin will NOT be long enough to make a serious attempt at overtaking into the hairpin itself anymore.
My sentiments exactly. I also agree that if we can use the existing layout, that will be great.
From the enlarged version of the pic, it looks as though they are putting concrete barriers to the right hand side of the main straight. The whole point of a permanent track is surely, that concrete is only used for protection, and not to form a shute/tunnel where there is no room for error or to park a dead car?
As one who had a bad accident (to the car, not me) exiting the last corner as there was no escape route, I am not convinced about some of the so called extra safety measures.