View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3154028)   #19
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Ha Ha that's a fair point.

Personally though, if I just wanted to watch a load of rich and privileged drivers "living the dream" I'd go to the Goodwood Revival or virtually any FIA GT race.

This is Formula One we're talking about, it really does have to be based on talent, even if it's just rich or well backed talent.....the very thought of drivers who have never won a race taking part is appalling.
Yes that is true, as long as the money is backed up by some talent then there's no problem.
It just annoys me when people critisise (sp? oh dear I've forgotten how to spell) Karthikeyan for example (and it is always him) for being '****' and 'the worst driver in F1' and 'keeping xxx driver out of a seat'... so what?
Narain isn't ****, he does have talent. He may be the worst driver in F1 right now, but that's hardly an insult when you think about it. Someone has to be the worst, no matter which 24 drivers were racing one of them would be the worst.
As for keeping whoever out of a drive, unless they got fired and then Narain took their seat he isn't actually denying anyone a drive. He got offered the drive and said what anyone would say: "YES!"