View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3161589)   #2773
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
As someone who has watched it all season I fundamentally disagree - We've had some great racing at several races this season - Yes they need more cars but we've had major on-track battles involving just about every GTE Pro runner durting the season
Sure, there has been a couple of very good battles, but most of the time not, and you are looking at really a three car GT grid, +1 worth not mentioning, and more often than not the winner ahead by more than a lap. It certainly isn't the quality of the ALMS, in numbers or in terms of competitiveness.

Watching in person is always great... great cars, look good, sound great.. but that doesn't make the RACING worth watching. I guess I've been spoiled watching the ALMS GT battles, where there is always something going on, and that just isn't possible with three car grids, no matter the quality of those cars. It might have been more interesting if there wasn't such early domination by AF Corse as well.